Tuesday 17 June 2014

Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR Pile

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. I didn't make headway into my Autumn TBR AT ALL sadly, so hopefully I do better this time around.



1. Night Beach by Kirsty Eager. I haven't read any Kirsty Eager and everyone tells me how amazing she is, and this one has been sitting on my bookshelf unread for far too long.

2. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. I have heard good things about this from reviewers I trust so I'm excited to see what it's like.

3. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith. I have wanted to read this for so long and I recently bought it on Audible, I'm hoping the audiobook is good.

4. The Wild Girl by Kate Forsyth. I picked this up at the Sydney Writer's Festival last week and I'm really keen to read it soon - I loved Forsyth's take on Rapunzel in Bitter Greens.

5. Girl Defective by Simmone Howell. I started reading this recently but I've been in a bit of a funk so I decided to put it aside until I can really enjoy it.

6. Petals on the Wind by V.C. Andrews. Yes, I'm going to continue on my recap journey. First I finish Flowers in the Attic, then it's on to Petals.

7. The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp. I have this on audiobook and I'm really curious about it but I
m worried it will be totally depressing.

8. Searching for Sky by Jillian Cantor. This book sounds kinda bizarre but I'm definitely intrigued.

9. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I feel like the last person in the world who hasn't read this book, and I want to get to it before I see the movie.

10. The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde. I got the Audible edition and it sounds like a really great way to experience it.

27 comments:

  1. Kirsty Eagar is amazing but I would definitely recommend Raw Blue more than Night Beach. I liked both but....Raw Blue was close to perfection for me. I've owned I Capture the Castle for years now and never gotten around to reading it. I also have We Were Liars on my kindle....maybe we should do a read-a-long to motivate each other to read it! I loved The Wild Girl....beautiful! But I'm in the minority about Gone Girl... that book pissed me off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I'll have to pick up Raw Blue then! I'd be keen for a readalong for sure. Now I have to read Gone Girl so I can discuss why it pissed you off haha.

      Delete
  2. I have We Were Liars by E. Lockhart and I'm dying to read it but the book is so over hyped that I'm scared it wont be as good as I expect.

    Great list and hope you enjoy reading them :) My TTT

    also, new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! There has been a lot of hype around We Were Liars but I'm hoping it lives up to it.

      Delete
  3. The Importance of Being Earnest is one of my favourite books ever! I hope you enjoy it. I want to read I Capture the Castle, too. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK I will definitely have to read it soon.

      Delete
  4. We Were Liars is on my list too. And The Importance of Being Earnest is hilarious and one of my favorite plays. Happy reading.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Gone Girl last summer and it is the perfect summer read- you can't put it down. I've been eyeing Girl Defective and The Spectacular Now too.
    Happy summer reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's winter here but I'm sure it will still be good.

      Delete
  6. I Capture the Castle...I bought that at a library sale a couple of months ago...I need to pick it up! And Gone Girl....oh Gone Girl. Gillian Flynn is a FANTASTIC writer! And if you enjoy it, I would recommend Sharp Objects (her debut). IT IS BRILLIANT!

    Thanks for stoppin' by! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'll have to check out Sharp Objects too, thanks!

      Delete
  7. Nice list, I'm glad its not all YA :P I highly recommend The Importance of Being Earnest, especially if you need good insults to use on your family. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. We Were Liars is so freakin awesome! =)
    Thanks for stopping by The Story Goes...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to read We Were Liars, the title alone makes me want to read it. I also want to read Gone Girl. You have a great list here, I can't wait to see your thoughts on them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Capture the Castle... Now that's an interesting novel - very "Jane Austen" mixed with the reality of life. Charming and bizarre and so not your typical YA novel. (Then again, it WAS published in 1948.) I hope you enjoy!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously looking at getting We Were Liars, thanks to Steph. Awesome one to add to your list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read any of the books on your list, but I definitely want to eventually read We Were Liars. I have heard a lot of good things about it. Hope you enjoy all the books on your list! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi I'm looking for your contact info for a book review/post?
    Can you email me at EdenLiterary at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list, Belle! I too have been meaning to read Night Beach and Gone Girl for a long time - I keep saying I'll get to them soon, but you know how it it ;) Also, I'm very excited for We Were Liars and The Wild Girl. Good luck with your challenge! xo

    ReplyDelete