Tuesday 31 December 2013

Top Ten Books I Read In 2013



1. Between the Lives by Jessica Shirvington. I wasn't expecting to like this, but the story drew me in and the characters stayed with me long after I'd finished.

2. Sea Hearts by Margo Lanagan. This was definitely my favourite book of the year. Such a vivid, beautiful read.

3. The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner. The third book in the series finally made me see why everyone is so obsessed with it.

4. Dare You To by Katie McGarry. Silly, cheesy, awesome fun.

5. This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers. A zombie book that's more about humans. Gorgeous.

6. Red Dust Road by Jackie Kay. A wonderful memoir and audiobook narrated by the author herself.

7. Wildlife by Fiona Wood. This is YA perfection.

8. All the Truth That's in Me by Julie Berry. Unique and riveting. 

9. Stardust by Neil Gaiman. I can't believe it took me so long to read this book. I loved it!

10. Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues by Diana Rowland. A totally fun zombie story, done really well as an audiobook.


P. S. I plan to do more 2013 round-up/2014 planning posts tomorrow but for now...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


16 comments:

  1. I.... have not ready any of these! Although I do intend to read Stardust sometime. And that gif is great :)

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year! Stardust is definitely worth a read

      Delete
  2. Ooo! I've only read Berry's book, and I have to agree -- it is very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I'll have to check out Sea Hearts when I'm in Australia. I looked on Amazon and don't think it's out here yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was published under a different name overseas, The Brides of Rollrock Island IIRC.

      Delete
  4. Great list! Although, admittedly, I've only read Wildlife haha. Hope 2014 is filled with many good books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your list, Belle :) Definitely agree that Sea Hearts was amazing, I think I need to reread it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rey! I still find myself thinking about that one. I need to read her other books!

      Delete
  6. I am noticing that all the people who have done Top 2013 books are choosing books I haven't read and in most cases haven't even heard of. Fail for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to be way far behind everyone so my list looks different because they're older haha

      Delete
  7. Maybe I finally need to pick up the king of attolia. hmm...

    i also liked the jessica shirvington a lot. it's one of my fave reads from last year as well. i still need to make my post of fave reads. i am just so bad at making decisions! haha,.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely better than the beginning of the series.

      Delete
  8. gan good job, this article is very interesting to note, cool deh,, of course we have new insights that we get after reading it, thanx yah :-)
    multivitamin alami pengencang kulit wajah

    ReplyDelete