Wednesday 13 June 2012

Bookish Fun: Fictitious Dishes by Dinah Fried

How awesome is this photo series by Dinah Fried? So creative and unique. My favourite is Oliver Twist, because it represents a major turning point in the book and is such a powerful image. Dinah says:

"The photographs in this series, Fictitious Dishes, enter the lives of five fictional characters and depict meals from the novels The Catcher in the Rye, Oliver Twist, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, and Moby Dick."

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Oliver Twist

See the whole series here.

5 comments:

  1. Oh these are fun. I love how the items on Alice's vary in size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belle, you always find the best things on the internet. I love these so much.

    I completely agree about Oliver Twist. Love love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool idea! I've begun cooking food from books I've read, but I love how she's arranged and plated fictional dishes so artfully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great pics, thanks Belle! :)

    Valentina
    www.peekabook.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so clever! I like the Oliver Twist one but my fave has to be Alice in Wonderland!

    ReplyDelete