Monday 6 February 2012

Reading Icons: Charles Dickens

"My father had left a small collection of books in a little room upstairs, to which I had access (for it adjoined my own) and which nobody else in our house ever troubled. From that blessed little room, Roderick Random, Peregrine Pickle, Humphrey Clinker, Tom Jones, the Vicar of Wakefield, Don Quixote, Gil Blas, and Robinson Crusoe, came out, a glorious host, to keep me company. They kept alive my fancy, and my hope of something beyond that place and time..." - David Copperfield by Charles Dickens





3 comments:

  1. I love that the second photo looks like their family picture and it centers around a book. How cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's him reading with his daughters :)

      Delete
  2. What an awesome quote :) How books helped him.

    ReplyDelete